Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Don't Worry, Pray and Give Thanks!


How many of you can agree there are passages of scriptures you come across many many times? But, there are times with the same passage it appears as though it leaps off the pages and you grab a hold of it for dear life thanking God for reminding you He got you! My dear friends this is what I call a Rhema Word. It is a seed God has planted in your soul to activate your faith to believe whatever He has promised you shall come to pass.

In light of this Thanksgiving season, I wanted to offer a word encourage to you through Philippians 4:6-7 (NLT)6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

It's good to never worry about anything! It seems impossible – we all have worries on the job, in our homes, at school. But Paul’s advice is to turn your worries into prayers. Do you want to worry less? Then pray more! See whenever you start to worry, stop and pray.

Jesus said in John 14:27 (NLT),I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid. Jesus said He will give us that peace if we are willing to accept it from Him. Therefore, enjoy your family and friends this Thanksgiving you deserve it!

Cynthia A. Patterson is the author of the forthcoming book, It Had to Happen – Understanding that everything you go through in life is for God’s Purpose. A sought-after conference speaker, teacher, and powerful prayer warrior who has a passion to inspire and encourage women. She is dedicated and sold out for the cause of teaching young adult women their significant purpose and worth is found in Christ alone. Her message of faith and wholeness is raising the awareness of God’s purpose and exposing each woman to the reality of His never-ending, love, mercy, and grace. Cynthia lives in Houston, Texas with son Michael who she calls her “mighty man of valor” as he is her first ministry.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cynthia! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog!
    I know our meeting "had to happen" :)!!!
    I enjoyed reading your post and believe your blog just might be my new best friend! I wrote in one of my older posts about when I was young...always saying "I just want peace in my life", thinking that it was others keeping me from it...not realizing God was knocking at the door of my heart offering me His gift of peace just as in John 14:27~ Thank you for your beautiful words of truth! May the Lord continue to bless your ministry!

    ReplyDelete